Subject: Re: Total Terminal Wierdness
To: None <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/17/1997 01:24:59
Hi.

I understand that the remote tset is setting parameters on my Mac that
are keeping the screen messed up.

What I don't understand is how this is happening.  If My local tset is
initializing my Mac terminal to vt220 every time I log in, how come a
remote tset using the same settings is messing it up?  Also, how come it
isn't possible to reset the Mac terminal after logging out of the remote
machine?

How come no one every thoroughly documented all of this junk about
terminals?  I've read the O'Reilly Termcap/Terminfo book, and it is
really just a reference on those databases . . . Not much help with
wierdo situations like this.

For those who are interested, The new UNIX Power Tools by O'Reilly
has an interesting historical perspecive on UNIX terminal handling.
I learned a tremendous amount from it (but still not enough to fix
this particular problem).

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to this.

-Adam