Subject: Several Questions: netatalk, router
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: lee <lee@www.math.louisville.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/17/1997 00:49:14
I just installed NetBSD/mac68K on a IIci. (1.3 BETA #52 12/6 16:29:17)
I've got it working great when I log into it over my ethernet from a
PowerBase running eXodus, VersaTerm or Anarchie.

There are several questions the faq and other assorted web sites didn't
answer unambiguously:

(1) Does netatalk work in this version of the kernel? I've been trying to
get it going, and I get the appropriate messages on booting, but the
Chooser on the PowerBase can't see it. If not, is there another 1.3
kernel on which it does work, or should I drop back to 1.2?

(2) Dialing up with PPP from home, I'd like to use the ci as a gateway
for two other machines. Right now, I have a dynamically assigned IP
number and am calling in at 33.6. Is the ci fast enough to handle the
traffic? Are there instructions out on the 'Net for handling the IP
routing between the PPP and the local machines so I don't need several
fixed IP numbers from the ISP?

(3) At startup sendmail holds up the proceedings with complaints about
the machine name being unqualified. It eventually gives up and the login
prompt appears. I've been through the setup files several times and
cannot find any mistakes. What am I missing?