Subject: Re: IIcx hardware question
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/17/1997 09:38:50
Hi,

Thanks to everyone for the replies about the IIcx RAM situation. Sorry
for the group reply.

Basically, as I mentioned in my original question, I know the SIMMs are
4 MB SIMMs becuase I was using them in another Mac.   I also know that in
theory, the maximum RAM for a IIcx is 128MB.  I was just wondering if
anyone knew of something special that was needed like a jumper needs to be
set or something. In any case, I will try Henry's suggestion of using a
different version of Mode32.

It is really not a big deal, but it would be nicer to have 32MB over 20MB.
It is also a waste since the 4 4MB SIMMs are just laying here doing
nothing.

Mark