Subject: Re: Modem probs/other unix's?
To: Mike Matz <picasso@centuryinter.net>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1997 13:26:35
At 9:03 PM -0800 12/15/97, Mike Matz wrote:
>compile everything for myself on NetBSD, so I was wondering if there are
>any other more compatible UNIX's out there that will run on my LC520 68030.

In a word, no.

You could try OpenBSD, but don't expect significant changes from your
perspective.  They have more in common than not.  They are both BSD
derivatives, they share a common driver heritage, and they both use the Gnu
C compiler.  Compile/build times and frequency/complexity of package build
errors will be comparable.

There is also Linux/mac68k (or some such name).  The last I heard it was
not ready for prime time.