Subject: Re: SONIC DP83934 based cards
To: Warren Volz <wizard@ccsi.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1997 16:10:11
Warren Volz wrote:

> I have a ethernet NB card for a IICx... Everything goes ok until it
> recognizes the card and then I have to restart the machine... Does 1.3
> suppor tthis?

Hmmmm...maybe not.  Does the card have an MC68000 on it in addition to the
SONIC chip?  If so, NetBSD doesn't support it.  If it only has the
DP8393? on it, then it can probably be made to work with 1.3A without too
much trouble (if it doesn't work already).

> I tried the latest beat kernel but it wouldnt go past the
> adb recognition phase...

What kind of ADB devices do you have?  What kind of Mac?  What are the
lines around the area where it hangs?

Later.