Subject: Re: Kensington ADB 1-button mouse
To: Howard S Shubs <hshubs@montagar.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1997 10:41:25
Howard S Shubs wrote:

> >Does anyone know of a kernel that supports the Kensington ADB mouse.  I
> >have the generic #51 and it doesn't work with it.
>
> Yeah, the Kensington stuff doesn't work automatically.  You have to change
> a #define and rebuild the kernel.  I'm in the same state with a trackball.
> Of course, I have to be able to boot so I -can- change the kernel...

Well, actually, you need to comment out the line

options 	MRG_ADB

in your config file and recompile.  You should be able to boot your
machine without a mouse attached (assuming you're not using an older
II-series Mac, e.g. those with the dirty ROM's; these machines hang under
MRG_ADB with no mouse attached).

Later.