Subject: Re: serial port access hangs ** FIX **
To: wb2oyc <WB2OYC@bellatlantic.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1997 10:02:23
Hey everyone!

Could all the folks who can compile their own kernels apply this
patch to sys/arch/mac68k/dev/zs.c and see if anything new breaks?

This patch fixed Johnny's hanging at first access bug, and stopped my
frequent hang during zstty0 initialization.

I'd love to hear how it fixes problems. :-) I need to hear if it
CREATES problems. If you had problems before, and the same after,
well, I'm sorry. :-( If things were fine, and are still fine, I need to
hear that too (I.E. we didn't break things)!

But please test it! EVERYONE! I'm asking to get it included in the 1.3
release. I'm not sure if we can, but I think it'll be much easier if
I can say 20 or 40 or 50 people tested it and it's fine.

Thanks!

Take care,

Bill