Subject: Re: Is anyone runnig with a 16'' Apple RGB
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: BGW <f94bw@efd.lth.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1997 18:51:03
Hi!

>> Acctually, I haven't tried to set the screen to B&W before booting, but
>> that shouldn't probably matter.

> Actually, it _does_ matter.  The latest version of the booter will do this
> for you, but definitely try this, else X will not work correctly (it tends
> to create 6 little screens on your display.....not very useful).

Ok, will try it even though I use the latest booter.

>> If you have your 16'' (800x600 i think) working with X, please mail me!

> Try other resolutions if possible.  Otherwise, you may have hit on the one
> resolution which doesn't quite work.

Wish I could, cause then I didn't have to bother with 800x600. The 16''
Apple RGB is pretty old (~4-5 years). By some reason they can only run
in one resolution, 800x600 (or 832x...), probably because it was the
cheapest way to make them.

> Later.

sincerely /Bosse