Subject: Re: Is anyone runnig with a 16'' Apple RGB
To: None <f94bw@efd.lth.se>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1997 09:13:03
BGW wrote:

> Ok, there has been a lot of answers concerning the SLOTMAN kernel. You
> will need a videocard (nubus) is what I found out from Paul Goytte and I
> dont have one :-(.
> What I wonder is if anyone is using a 16'' Apple to run X on with
> internal video (B&W)? If yes, what kernel?
> Acctually, I haven't tried to set the screen to B&W before booting, but
> that shouldn't probably matter.

Actually, it _does_ matter.  The latest version of the booter will do this
for you, but definitely try this, else X will not work correctly (it tends
to create 6 little screens on your display.....not very useful).

> If you have your 16'' (800x600 i think) working with X, please mail me!

Try other resolutions if possible.  Otherwise, you may have hit on the one
resolution which doesn't quite work.

Later.