Subject: Re: LC 475
To: David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au>
From: Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe <thelab@nmarcom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1997 08:39:18
On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, David Johnston wrote:

> [ extract of message from Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe on "LC 475" ]
> }
> } Hi! How is support for the LC 475 in 1.3?
> }
>
> Almost, but not quite there. With the appropriate box ticked in the
> booter internal video works (including black-and-white X-windows).
> Everything else works except for...
>
> Unfortunately changes made to the interrupt code a month ago don't
> work for the LC475 - all recent kernels panic during the boot process.
> I can provide a 1.3-beta kernel which works on my LC 475 (I've hacked
> the kernel to get around the interrupt problem) and/or kernel source
> patches if you want it.
>
> 	david

Either would be great, and i appreciate your reply. Do you think there
ever will be full support for the LC 475, or is it just wishful thinking?

-Mit

Will 'Mit' Rowe                Systems Administrator/Programmer
Neray MarCom, Inc.			     vox: (416)481-5405
25 Imperial Street, Suite 210                fax: (416)481-3741
Toronto, Ontario, Canada                 http://www.nmarcom.com
M5P 1B9                             http://www.unix.nmarcom.com

"I haven't lost my mind... it's backed up on tape somewhere"