Subject: IIcx hardware question
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1997 21:47:39
Hi,

This is not 100% NetBSD-related, but here goes. I have a IIcx currently
running NetBSD 1.3-ALPHA 99.99% of the time. The IIcx has 8 SIMM slots and
currently I have the following: Bay A = 4 x 4MB SIMMS; Bay B = 4 x 1MB
SIMMS.  This gives me a total of 20MB and this shows up fine under both
MacOS and NetBSD.

If I take the 1MB SIMMs out of Bay B and add 4 4MB SIMMs, I think I should
get 32MB total RAM.  But when I start up, I only have 20MB of RAM showing
up under MacOS in "About This Macintosh ...". NetBSD also only recognizes
20MB.  I KNOW these are really 4 MB SIMMs.  Does anyone know if there is
some hardware limitation on the SIMMs that go in Bay B of a IIcx that
limits each slot from recognizing more than 1 MB?

Since I have the spare SIMMs, it would be nice to have my IIcx runninhg
with 32MB of RAM instead of 20MB.  Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Mark

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/