Subject: Re: serial port access hangs computer - whom else?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: wb2oyc <WB2OYC@BELLATLANTIC.NET>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1997 06:35:46
>Typically the problem is that GENERIC#47 is the last working kernel.

Bill,

    FYI....While I do have a Mac that fits the above statement
(a Quad 605), and on which I have tried many kernels, I've never
seen it fail yet due to this problem you're interested in.  This
machine has failed with various kernels due to Address error traps,
panic: setrunqueue, vm_fault, etc, but haven't seen the one you're
concerned about specifically.  Just thought you might like to have
this info as well.  In all of the above cases I've used the booter
version 1.11.1 and whatever happens to be its defaults relative to
the serial ports.  GENERIC 47 IS the most recent kernel that boots
successfully on this machine.

Paul