Subject: Re: Video Cards
To: Chris <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: wb2oyc <WB2OYC@BELLATLANTIC.NET>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1997 06:27:16
Chris,

>Apple 8bit card, 12".

If it says "MacIntosh II Video Card" it is.  I use one of these with
the most recent Slotman on a IIci; color X works fine.  These are
fixed res at 640x480 (at least those I have are).

BUT, if it says "MacIntosh II Display Card", it may  not be!  I also
have one of these, which does not work with any kernel I've found to
date.  I think this card has many variations, so the assembly number
is probably significant, or the ROM date,  something like that.  This
one offers millions of colors, but again is fixed at 640x480.

>The other is a Relax Tech card that supports 16/17"
>monitors.

Don't know....sorry.

Hope this is helpful.
Paul