Subject: Re: Mosaic again
To: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@compuserve.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1997 00:47:45
On 12/15/97 10:09 AM, Mark Andres at mark@giganet.net wrote:

>I assume you downloaded the file Mosaic-2.7b5-bin12.gz from the Amiga
>archive. After you ungzip it, you should just have the actual binary itself.
>The bin part means it is a pre-compiled binary and the 12 part means it was
>compiled under NetBSD 1.2.

I changed it to an executable after I got it.  (That was one of the
things I tried.)  Wouldn't run.  IIRC, complained about not finding a
library or include.

>BTW, I have found Mosaic-2.7b3-bin11.tar.gz to be the most stable of all
>the pre-compiled versions in the Amiga archive.  It was compiled with real
>Motif libraries statically linked.

I guess I will try this one.  Is that 2.7b3?

This Mosaic compile is getting really discouraging.

Cheers,

Sean.

                 T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com           TSSchulze@aol.com
Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but
his judgement; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if
he sacrifices it to your opinion. -- Edmund Burke