Subject: Re: Mosaic again
To: T. Sean <71410.25@compuserve.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/15/1997 15:17:58
T. Sean wrote:

> On 12/15/97 9:36 AM, Colin Wood at cwood@ichips.intel.com wrote:
>
> >There is usually some place where you can declare additional includes and
> >libraries.   As a last resort, you can add "-I/usr/local/include" and
> >"-L/usr/local/lib" or something like that to the Makefile.  You might want
> >to do a "./configure --help" from the Mosaic directory and see what
> >options it has available, tho.
> >

> I did a ./configure --help as you suggested and got a couple of good
> ideas.  To handle the problem with configure looking for two png files
> (one library; one header) I symbolically linked the header file into the
> library directory.  We'll see how that goes.

That's probably not going to work...well, at least it shouldn't under any
sane configuration scheme.  Libraries and include files are pretty much
never in the same directory.  There's usually a main directory with "lib"
and "include" subdirectories (e.g. /usr/{lib,include} or
/usr/local/{lib,include}).  Isn't that the case with the PNG and JPEG
stuff?  Where did you install them?

Later.