Subject: Re: Some problems with Slotmans kernel...
To: None <f94bw@efd.lth.se>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/15/1997 10:35:43
BW wrote:

> Ok, I see. Thanks for your answer anyway.
>

> > The SLOTMANAGER kernels only work with NuBus-based video, not
> > internal/built-in video.  There is currently _no_ support for color
> > internal/built-in video for any machine supported by NetBSD
> > (although work is in progress on this). You'll either have to wait
> > for Michael Zucca or else find the cash for a NuBus video board.
>
> By the way, I wasn't going to use a color-kernel, just a kernel that
> works with graycolor X on my 16''. Is there such a kernel at all? If
> yes, which one?

The MADHATTER kernels should give you black and white X on your monitor at
odd resolutions.  I can't remember where to get them at the moment.  Ask
on the list and I'm sure someone will know where.  It might also be
mentioned in the Meta-FAQ.  I think that the standard GENERIC kernel will
handle 640x480 resolution in B&W just fine.  There is no support for true
grayscale, tho, since it would require more or less the same support that
color requires.

Later.