Subject: Re: Some problems with Slotmans kernel...
To: None <f94bw@efd.lth.se>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/15/1997 09:26:58
BW wrote:

> To be able to run X with my 16'' Apple RGB I downloaded SLOTMANS kernel.
> I installed the kernel from the installer in MacOS. Then I booted from
> the booter, changing the kernel to kernel.SLOTMAN. it went fine for a
> while until

When exactly did this occur?  In other words, what were the lines leading
up to this error?

> kernel stack (00186BFC)
>
>    (hexadecimal numbers)
>
> .
> .
> .
>
> panic: MMU fault
> Stopped at -Debugger + 0xB:uulk a6

It might help if you type 't' at the "db>" prompt and copy down the list
of function names that result.

> Can anyone please help me? Whats wrong? What shall I do?

What kind of NuBus video card to you have in your Q800?  Paul would know
for sure, but I think there might be a few cards that don't quite work
with his kernels yet.

Later.