Subject: Re: Mosaic again
To: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@compuserve.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/15/1997 18:09:46
Hi Sean,

I assume you downloaded the file Mosaic-2.7b5-bin12.gz from the Amiga
archive. After you ungzip it, you should just have the actual binary itself.
The bin part means it is a pre-compiled binary and the 12 part means it was
compiled under NetBSD 1.2.

BTW, I have found Mosaic-2.7b3-bin11.tar.gz to be the most stable of all
the pre-compiled versions in the Amiga archive.  It was compiled with real
Motif libraries statically linked.

Mark

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, T. Sean (Theo) Schulze wrote:

> I ftp'd the amiga binary also in my quest to get Mosaic going, but the
> file ends in ".bin12".  What is that?  I have tried a number of things to
> use this file, but to no avail.

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/