Subject: Re: Mosaic again
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/15/1997 11:57:40
Hi,

Xm.h and all its friends is what is known as Motif. It is commerical
software and pricey I believe. You can try the freeware Motif replacement
LessTif. I have heard that it is not perfect, but it works for many
programs.  You can find out more at;

   http://www.lesstif.org/

Mark

On Sun, 14 Dec 1997, Michael G. Schabert wrote:

> Hi all,
> Given the recent Mosaic discussionn, I decided to get it going on my
> machine. I got the jpeg stuff, ran configure & make on it & everything
> worked flawlessly. I got the zlib stuff & the png stuff & ran configure on
> zlib & used makefile.std of the png. Again, everything worked great. I ran
> configure for Mosaic & everything went great (once I told it where to find
> the other stuff). I ran make & it told me that there is no Xm/Xm.h.
> Well, locate confirmed that I have no Xm.h anywhere on my system. What is
> it & where would I get it from?

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/