Subject: Somewhat off-topic - FS: a packed 040 system
To: None <linux-mac68k@wave.lm.com, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Raymond <nate@staff.feldberg.brandeis.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1997 15:26:39
Before I offer this to the general public, I thought I'd offer this to the
Mac UNIX folk; anyone working on IDE, Valkyrie video support, CommSlot
ethernet, etc. who's looking for a system, this is the one to get!  Makes
a great MacOS machine as well!

I'm asking $900 for:

Performa 638CD

RAM: 36 MB
HD: IBM 3.2 GB EIDE DeskStar
Video: Built-in Valkyrie 1MB double-buffered DRAM

Processor: Upgraded to a full 68040 (motherboard is 33Mhz 32-bit architecture,
           full 040 is a 25Mhz being run at 33Mhz, which runs great)
           Old 68LC040 included as well

Video slot: Video in (RCA/SVIDEO jacks)
            TV tuner card and IR remote (which also controls the CD player)

LC PDS+DAV slot: Apple MPEG-1 Movie system (C-Cube Systems hardware decode
                 and DSP), for full-screen playback of CD-i, Video-CD, and
                 MPEG-1 data streams

CommSlot-1: 10B-T ethernet

ADB input devices: Extended keyboard
                   Apple ergonomic mouse
                   Alps Glidepoint (3-button compatible with NetBSD)

As you can see, this machine is totally upgraded, packed to the gills.  I
could sell off all these parts for a lot of money, but its easier if I
sell it all in once piece.  I'd feel much better if I knew it was going to
a good cause. :)

--
Nathan Raymond
http://www.everythingmac.com