Subject: Re: Booting problems in 1.3beta on a Q840av
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@glue.umd.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1997 08:18:35
On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Dave Huang wrote:
> The AMD LANCE driver (am7990.c) doesn't print collision errors at all,
> and only prints framing errors and checksum errors if compiled with
> debug info turned on. The MACE driver prints them, but I'm thinking of
> changing it to match what the LANCE driver does, since it sounds like
> they can occur fairly frequently under normal use. Note that "collision

Actually, I just checked, and the MACE driver only prints framing and
checksum errors if it's compiled in debug mode (and the MACE series of
kernels are all compiled that way). It does print collision errors
regardless of debug mode though. From what I hear from some tech-net
folks, they're not really interesting enough to be worth a syslog message,
so I'll change it to only print the collision errors in debug mode.

So, you can ignore any framing errors, frame control checksum errors, and
collision errors :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++