Subject: dt is misbehaving
From: tcjam <tcjam@voicenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1997 01:39:04
Well, its been a while since I"ve used dt (I generally telnet into my box)
but last time I tried it it worked. Unfortunately this is not the case at
the moment. I start dt as root and it comes up normally but where I should
have a shell prompt I get one of two messages:
1. "Permission denied"
2. "t: not found"

I've been testing kernels (netbsd-TEST got past the options 1 PDMA freeze)
and I though I might have gotten a few corrupted files so I installed the
base and comp sets using tar --unlink. Next I rebuilt my /dev directory,
recompiled dt and tried again, using both the old and new copies, it
didn't work. So I'm here asking for clues/tips/things to try next.

TIA.

                                 \||||/
                                  o  o
|| "Please explain to me the scientific          |  tcjam@voicenet.com ||
||   nature of the whammy." -Scully              ______________________||
|| "Foolproof systems don't take into account,                         ||
||  the ingenuity of fools" -Unknown 			               ||
||   PGP key can be obtained from:                                     ||
||      http://www.voicenet.com/~tcjam/home/keys.html                  ||