Subject: Some X-problems...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: BW <f94bw@efd.lth.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/13/1997 23:37:02
Until yesterday I had given up on getting NetBSD to run on my Q800. OK,
it worked, but X11R6 did not.
Before I used my 16'' Apple RGB when attempting to get X started. It
didn't work,  ./startx, ./xinit didn't have any effect, nor ./X.
Anyhow, today I changed to my 14 '' Apple RGB. When typing

./startx

it tells me that :xinit not found. When trying

./xinit

it tells me a pretty long list with errormessages, most messages
containing :not found. (I dont think you want to know exactly what it
says, its just nonsence)

Anyhow, when just trying

./X

something happens. I get an emty screen (fishbone) with the x-marker. At
least this works. Does someone have any ideas what to do next? It would
be nice to just write ./startx and a couple of xterms just showed up :).
How do I get my 16'' screen to work? Maybe another kernel as recently
suggested. Well, I think thats about it for now.

sincerely /Bosse