Subject: Re: Color X?
To: Mike Matz <picasso@centuryinter.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/13/1997 12:51:36
Mike Matz wrote:

> I have an LC520, and I do not know anything about it's video hardware/etc.
> I heard, though, that X would not run on my machine in color if it has
> built in video.  Is this true, and how would I go about finding out if it
> has built in video?  It's an lc520, performa-looking machine, one piece.
> System 7.1.1 if that matters (hehehe).  Thanks a lot.

Since the monitor is "built-in" it certainly has built-in video.  That's
usually what it means by "built-in" ;-)  Actually, built-in video applies
to any Mac that has the video circuitry on the motherboard instead of
relying on a NuBus or PDS expansion card to provide the video circuitry.
Color X is working on some machines using NuBus-based video, but it
doesn't work on any machine using "built-in" (or onboard) video.

I hope this clears it up a bit.

Later.