Subject: PPP and Worldnet -- too late
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/12/1997 20:28:32
Not the kind to be patient when I could be beating on machines, I went
ahead and dug into the PPP mess.  After about an hour of hacking files
and a dozen or so attempts, I managed to get it working.  And using PPP
seems to have fixed the problem I was having with SLIP -- FTP to various
machines would hang in the opening dialogs, causing the server to time
out and close the connection.

The only downside is that with Worldnet I have a dynamic address, whereas
with eskimo I have a static address.  I'm not willing to PPP into eskimo
though, because half their modems are still 14.4K.  (The result of
operating on a shoestring budget.  OTOH I get unlimited access for six
dollars a month...)

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

"I'd love to go out with you, but I want to spend more time with my
blender."