Subject: Re: pppd error @ X11
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/12/1997 18:49:55
On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> route delete default will take care of the sick default route.

	Try putting defaultroute into your pppd options. For example,
Bill's PPP kit has/had an 'options' file... here is mine:

passive
crtscts
defaultroute
lock
lcp-echo-interval 30
lcp-echo-failure 10
netmask 255.255.255.0
domain <your ISP's domain>
mtu 1500
name <your login name>
disconnect /etc/ppp/ppp-down

	From 'man pppd' :

	defaultroute
		Add a default route to the system routing tables, using
		the peer as the gateway, when IPCP negotiation is
		successfully completed. This entry is removed when the PPP
		connection is broken. This option is priviledged if the
		nodefaultroute options has been specified.

	Good luck

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!