Subject: Re: pppd error @ X11
To: Chris <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: wb2oyc <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/12/1997 18:01:53
>flash 'defaultroute to host already exists' 3 times.  IS there a way I
>can get rid of this??  The only solution I've found it to reboot.  I've
>also tried loging in with a different login/pw that I have with the same
>ISP, and I get the same thing...
Chris,
    Are you using the ppp-down script to disconnect?  Whatever, what is
happening is the kernel's routing table still has the route to the host
and when you reconnect you're trying to set defaultroute again (its in
Bill's options file).  You could manually do a 'route flush' before
connecting the second time, and that should work for you.  But the real
question is why the route is still there after shutting down the first
time?

Paul

wb2oyc
ar..