Subject: Re: Mosaic compile under NetBSD?
To: Port-mac68k <PORT-MAC68K@NetBSD.ORG>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@compuserve.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/11/1997 16:12:14
On 12/9/97 4:15 AM, Steven Hascall at shascal@siue.edu wrote:

>The latest version of Mosaic is 2.7b5. It can be found at
>ftp://ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Mosaic/Unix/source/Mosaic-src-2.7b5.tar.gz
>You will also need the jpeg library (6a or later) from
>ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg
>and the z and png libraries from
>ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/png/src
>
>Make and install these other libraries first. Note the change to the
>libpng
>makefile I mentioned earlier. Afterwards, run configure as stated above.
>Then run make.

I have the jpeg library, the png source, and the z source.  I untarred
all of them and followed the building and installation instructions.
Went real well.  (Even learned about the -n flag for make.  Tells make to
echo commands, but not execute them.  "make -n install" is real handy for
figuring out where things are going to go, or where they went:-)

Problem now is that Mosaic wants both libpng.a which lives in
/usr/local/lib and png.h which lives in /usr/local/include.  Is there a
way to set both of these with the
--with-pngdir=/last/place/iremember/seeing/png?  Another idea I had was
to put a symlink to png.h in /usr/local/lib and then give Mosaic's
configure --with-pngdir=/usr/local/lib.  Will configure follow the link?
(Guess I could try it, eh.)

Is this supposed to be this hard?

Thanks,

Sean.

                 T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com           TSSchulze@aol.com
Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but
his judgement; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if
he sacrifices it to your opinion. -- Edmund Burke