Subject: HWDIRECT hang when mouse moves
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/1997 23:54:07
Following up to my previous post about a kernel with HWDIRECT hanging if
I move the mouse during the boot...

In pr#2568, Jason Thorpe suggests a few changes (to locore.s and
machdep.c) that could fix this.

I've compiled a kernel with those changes but maybe it was more a
"pointing to the right direction" than a fix. Or maybe things have
changed a bit too much since then. The resulting kernel hangs
just before the Copyright message (after displaying PB/IIvx video blah
blah).

I dont know anywhere near enough about NetBSD internals to debug this
myself. Anybody have an idea? Jason?

This pr is low priority and has been opened since 1.2_ALPHA (June 96).

Regards,
Ben

"Because user errors often produce unpredictable results, the user
should try to avoid them."

IBM MVS/XA System Programming Library.