Subject: Re: ttyflags problem still exists (was: ouff! success)
To: Johnny Chi-Lung Lam <jlbg+@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/1997 18:35:39
Johnny Chi-Lung Lam wrote:

Bill's probably already replied to this, but I won't know for several
hours, so....

> While ttyflags appeared to be hanging (booting with GENERIC-52), I can
> drop into the debugger, and trace to get:
>
> 	_Debugger
> 	_nmihand
> 	_lev7intr
> 	_zsc_intr_hard
> 	_zshard
> 	_lev4intr
> 	_spec_open
> 	_vn_open
> 	_sys_open
> 	_syscall(5)
> 	_trap0
>
> I didn't copy down all those memory addresses that were arguments for
> these function calls, but if they are really needed, I can always get
> them.

I doubt you'll need them.

> So, from my (very poor) understanding of what is happening, it seems
> that the zs code is stuck after masking all interrupts.

Actually, it's stuck in zsc_intr_hard().  The lev7intr() is from you
hitting the programmer's switch to drop into the debugger, I believe.

> For the record, I run an LC III + FPU.  Using the most current BETA
> sets and GENERIC-47, I can boot to multiuser and talk to my modem
> attached to tty00 without incident.  Using any newer kernel, the
> system hangs when trying to set ttyflags on tty00.

What does your /etc/ttys file look like?  It looks to me like you've got
getty enabled on both the console and one of the serial ports, but I could
be wrong....

Later.