Subject: Re: LC II Strikes Again
To: Mark Murdock and Ailien Britt <fee@tetranet.net>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/1997 16:36:12
On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Mark Murdock and Ailien Britt wrote:

> failing on the LC are working successfully on the SE/30?  Bob Nestor
> suggested that possibly the PRAM battery backup was dead and the 32-bit
> settings were not being saved past reboot.  Would the installer allow me to

PRAM settings should always be kept through _re_boots. You should only
lose PRAM info upon shutdown with a dead battery. Basically, as long as
there's power, you should be OK. It's kinda like the way RAM disks are
kept whole through reboots but not shutdowns (well, except with G3
PowerMacs, but I don't think anyone here's gotta worry about that *grin*).

Mike