Subject: Re: ouff! success
To: None <frederic.berier@enst-bretagne.fr>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/1997 12:11:10
> I'll have to go on configuring BSD, and I have to find the video
> interupt of my ThunderIV GX graphic card , and to instal Xwindow.

We always appreciate more video card interrupt descriptions!

>   The question about ttyflags still remains in suspens!

Was the question about ttyflags, or about /etc/ttys? I thought your
question was basically, "Why did I have to enable the ttye0 line
to go multi-user?". The answer is you didn't. You just had to do
that to go multi-user AND LOG IN FROM THE KEYBOARD.

This situation exists because the program which will give you the login
prompt is controlled by the ttye0 line in /etc/ttys. Turning the login
prompt off (setting the ttye0 line to "off") would make sense if you
had the machine configured to run xdm (the X login manager) on the
internal screen.

As an aside, I once had the equivelant of the ttye0 entry and xdm both
enabled on a machine. I got this weird flipping between an X login and
a text- based login prompt! You really want one or the other.

If your question was different, just take the above as a rambling tutorial.
:-)

Take care,

Bill