Subject: Re: ouff! success
To: Frederic Berier <frederic.berier@enst-bretagne.fr>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/1997 07:43:29
On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Frederic Berier wrote:
>   Thanks Henry. I did not know that mc0 file name extension was for
> build in MACE-5 ethernet. Is-it written somewhere?

It's in the README file in the same directory as the MACE-5 kernel:
ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/outgoing/khym/README

An excerpt from the file:
----------
When booting, you should see a line like the following in the boot messages:
mc0 at obio0: address 08:00:07:06:39:ef

Configure the driver with:
ifconfig mc0 inet w.x.y.z netmask 0xffffff00

If you want the system to configure the interface for you when you boot,
create an /etc/ifconfig.mc0 file with the following line:
inet w.x.y.z netmask 0xffffff00

(put your IP address in place of the w.x.y.z, and fill in your own netmask
in place of 0xffffff00, of course :)

Also, now that the MACE driver is in NetBSD 1.3, I recommend using a
NetBSD 1.3_BETA kernel from
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3_BETA/mac68k/binary/kernel/

>   The question about ttyflags still remains in suspens!

Unless that ttyflags problem still hasn't been fixed, in which case
someone should fix it :) FWIW, ttyflags works fine for me...
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++