Subject: Re: LC II Strikes Again / Boot hangs
To: Mark Murdock and Ailien Britt <fee@tetranet.net>
From: Andre Nuendel <Andre.Nuendel@uni-konstanz.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/1997 11:21:02
My LCII does not boot with System 7.1 (German version) and any Kernel newer
than #47 (up to #51).
But in my case the boot hangs at:

root at sd0a
dumps on sd0b

sometimes it gets in the debuger and hangs there.
Even if I specify the ask-option for the partitions in the booting options
of the booter, the boot hangs after I typed the swap device.

I have a LCII, no FPU, Quantum Lightning 730S, 350MB root&usr, 32 MB swap.
System 7.1
The problem occures with Booter 1.10 and 1.11.1

Any Ideas?

Mark and Ailien:

Do you really have a LCII with a 68020 ?
Could that cause the boot problems?
Have you tried to boot with the #47 kernel?
For me it works fine with the 1.3BETA snapshot.

-andre