Subject: Re: LC II Strikes Again
To: Mark Murdock <fee@tetrahome.tetranet.net>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/1997 14:14:42

> A couple days ago I mistakenly posted a message about having resolved the
> issue with booting 1.3Beta on my LC II.  There are still some items that
> have me pretty confused, so listen to this and tell me what you think.
>
> Recall: LC II, 6 M of ram, standard setup.  Running system 7.0.1.
>
> Here are the different ways we tried this and here are the results..
>
> system 7.0	no Mode32	Wont boot kernel
> system 7.0	Mode32		Wont boot kernel
> system 7.0.1	no Mode32	Wont boot kernel
> system 7.0.1	Mode32		Wont boot kernel
> system 7.6	no Mode32	Kernel boots fine
>
> When I say "wont boot kernel", I mean it doesnt get out of the booter period.

	Mark, thanks for this data. One of the things on the Booter's
TO-DO.txt list is to work out which system versions the Booter does and
doesn't work under.

	Maybe after the holiday break I will have either a Booter which
works under earlier systems, or at least some updated documentation.

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au |"People say I'm strange, does it  |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  | make me a stranger?              |