Subject: Re: I'm still not there (was)Re: Clarify '040 situation?
To: Joseph Santaniello <j.santaniello@oslo.online.no>
From: wb2oyc <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/09/1997 12:40:12
> The A/UX partition I'm trying to use lives on a Syquest
>EZ135 cartridge. Whenever I reeboot after one of these netBSD hangs,
>durning my normal MacOS Startup sequence, it drops into macsbug
>with a messege "looks like silverlining was trying to load" Silverlining
>is the name of the control panel which deals with the EZ135.
Joe,
    In the past I've had this sort of failure many times when trying
to use an EZFlyer (230MB) as my NetBSD disk (root & usr and swap on it).
Not with a P475, but with a IIx or IIci.  Overall, I tried about a half
dozen times to install, which always seemed to succeed (1.2.1) but did
not result in a working system.  One boot was all it would ever do.  A
subsequent boot would always fail with catastrophic filesystem problems.
I finally gave up on it.  Same experience with zip drives, however, I
finally was successful on that.  I use that as my backup bootable
system, but don't usually operate with the zip connected up to my IIci
which I use for NetBSD (now 1.3_Alpha) so I haven't gotten back to it
to try to resolve the problems (yes, I tried an SBC kernel also, with
little success).

Paul

wb2oyc
ar..