Subject: Diff question: SE/30 Ethernet
To: None <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
From: Ivan Curtis <icurtis@radlogic.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/09/1997 09:15:44

Then Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu> wrote:
>distributing the MacOS device driver for EtherPORT.  Besides,
>DaynaPort E/30, AFAIK, uses SONIC, not NIC, so it should be recognized
>(if at all) as sn0 rather than ae0.

I can confirm this. I have a DaynaPort E/30, it uses SONIC, and it is
probed as sn0. It works well, I have not seen any buffer overflows
(this is on a mac SE/30 running GENERICSBC-38 kernel BTW).

Ivan
icurtis@radlogic.com.au                                 ph: 61 8 8373-3990
Adelaide, South AUSTRALIA                               fx: 61 8 8373-3251