Subject: Re: Clarify '040 situation?
To: Joseph Santaniello <j.santaniello@oslo.online.no>
From: David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/09/1997 08:40:20
[ extract of message from Joseph Santaniello on "Clarify '040 situation?" ]
} Hello All,
}
} After reading some of the various FAQ I found pertaining to netBSD, I
} still am not entirely clear on whether current versions will work on any
} '040 machines. I have a P475 with an FPU upgrade. Booting with the latest
} 1.3 beta kernel, after the env list, it drops into the debugger with
} signal 11. Is this something I can configure my way around, or do I just
} have to wait for full '040 support?
}

There is currently a problem with the LC475 (and, I assume the Q605). A
change made to the interrupt code on the 6th of november has broken it.
It's presumably something wierd with the LC475 since the same code works
on the rest of the quadras. I'm talking to Allen about it.

If you want a kernal which works fine, the GENERIC-47 kernal from
ftp.netbsd.org should work fine. It will work with your 1.3 beta user-land
binaries.

	david