Subject: Diff question: SE/30 Ethernet
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark and Ailien <fee@tetranet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/1997 18:00:19
Those interested,

  This question relates to an SE/30 I have running NetBSD 1.3Beta (the
distribution as of mid-November).  I have an Ethernet card (A daynaport I
believe) that NetBSD is recognizing fine.  My problem is, when using it for
various things (ftp, xdmcp, nfs) I get something along the lines of:

ae0: receive buffer ring overflow

I realize that this is not precise, but it is very close, and of course it
makes sense what is happening.  Is there a source file that I can modify to
increase the receive buffer size?  I am running a system with 8MB of RAM,
so memory is a tight issue.  Could that possibly be the cause?  Any
suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
fee@tetranet.net