Subject: Re: Some good news and some bad news
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: wb2oyc <WB2OYC@BELLATLANTIC.NET>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/1997 14:19:06
>	Grab that Booter, and then in the "Booting" dialog, enable the

Ok, I did that...but

>"Video address hack (for LC575 & 475?)" switch. This should allow the

I haven't yet tried again with the Q605...but I will.  However, this
version of the booter fails to successfully boot either NetBSD 1.2.1
or 1.3_Alpha (with the slotman kernel) on my IIci IF I tell the booter
to RESET the screen to B&W!  The boot fails (hangs forever) at the
statement where it sets the swap partition.  Yes, it is the proper
partition.  If I don't tell the booter to mess with the display setting
it boots fine.  It fails to boot 1.2.1 (which I have on a different disk
drive) in either case.

Version 1.11.0 works boots either 1.2.1 or 1.3_Alpha, except that on
occasion it DOES NOT reset the screen as it says its doing, and instead
puts up five little windows on the Mac display...if that doesn't happen
it works fine.

My Mac is a IIci, with a Mac II Hi Res card, and I'm using SLOTMAN,
circa 15 Nov.  32MB of RAM.

Paul