Subject: Re: top on 1.3beta
To: Balazs Barany <bb@lb-data.co.at>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/1997 00:30:50
Balazs Barany wrote:

> I tried to recompile top 3.4 on the 1.3 BETA (it worked perfectly on 1.2.1).
> I installed it as written in the README and now it prints only
> top: panic: nswapmap goof
>
> Do you think that this is an error in NetBSD 1.3 BETA or in top?

The problem is with top.  NetBSD-current underwent a rather big change in
part of the vm/swap system.  Support for the new method didn't exist in
top-3.4.  If you have the package system installed, the top package in the
package tree _will_ work for NetBSD-1.3 (more recent versions of 3.5 might
have the NetBSD-1.3 patches applied as well).

I hope this helps.

Later.