Subject: Re: color_xterm
To: Armen Babikyan <synapse@lethargy.mit.edu>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/1997 12:16:09
Hi,

I am no X11 expert, but AFAIK there is no separate color-xterm program.
I believe that you just "colorize" the styandard xterm program by applying
the patches.  I believe you set up an additional terminal description for
xterm-color. Then, you set the TERM variable to xterm-color and it should
work.  I don't use color-xterm, but I remember reading about it in the
mutt FAQ.

Mark

On Sat, 6 Dec 1997, Armen Babikyan wrote:

> Hi, I'm looking for color_xterm (source or NetBSD binaries). I looked on
> sunsite for source code, but couldn't find anything except a patch for it.
>
> I tried to compile rxvt, and succeeded, but the resulting program had a
> few errors i didn't know how to fix; the delete key would send tilde (~)
> characters, which i could not fix, even when i used stty erase <blah>, and
> the program did not have support for bold characters. (I think there was a
> bold option in the makefile...now that I think of it.)
>
> Anyone have a compiled version of color_xterm i could get? or source code?
> or can someone enlighten me on the dumb mistakes i'm making with rxvt?
>
> thanks,
>
>   - a

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!