Subject: Re: color_xterm
To: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/1997 22:27:33
On Sun, 7 Dec 1997, Mark Andres wrote:
> I am no X11 expert, but AFAIK there is no separate color-xterm program.
> I believe that you just "colorize" the styandard xterm program by applying
> the patches.  I believe you set up an additional terminal description for
> xterm-color. Then, you set the TERM variable to xterm-color and it should
> work.  I don't use color-xterm, but I remember reading about it in the
> mutt FAQ.

I think that with the latest X (X11R6.3), the stock xterm supports
color... at least the both i386 xterm I got with XFree86 and the mac68k
xterm in the latest X package on ftp.netbsd.org support color. The mac
xterm was tested with a remote $DISPLAY, since there's no color X server
for my Mac.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++