Subject: Re: Off topic: Floppy Drive Removal
To: Xiamin Raahauge <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
From: Steven Hascall <shascal@siue.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/1997 15:29:44
Since I have a Quadra 650 which I take apart almost daily, I tried
removing the floppy drive and booting into NetBSD. It worked just fine.
Didn't miss a beat (nothing odd in startup messages, etc.) The internal
SCSI cable on the 650's can connect 2 SCSI drives, but you can buy a
replacement internal cable w/ 4 connectors (3 devices) at any computer
store for no more than $10. That would pretty take up all the space in
your machine unless you construct your own internal drive bays or
something. I don't recommend letting hard drives float around,
especially near those NuBus slots.

-Steven Hascall
shascal@siue.edu