Subject: Re: RC and FSCK changes
To: Balazs Barany <bb@lb-data.co.at>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/1997 07:10:28
On Sat, 6 Dec 1997, Balazs Barany wrote:
> What is the reason for this change? I think that this problem could be
> quite common.
> Most interesting is that even the new rc contains that (wrong) fsck -p.
>
> Do I have a wrong version of fsck or is this an error in /etc/rc?

You have the wrong version of fsck... you need to unpack the base.tgz from
within NetBSD, and you need to use the --unlink option. I.e. tar --unlink
-xzvpf base.tgz. I suppose if you want to use the MacOS Installer program
to upgrade, you could delete either /sbin/fsck or /sbin/fsck_ffs before
doing the install.

It sure would be nice if the Installer would do the --unlink though...
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++