Subject: RC and FSCK changes
To: PortMac <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Balazs Barany <bb@lb-data.co.at>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/1997 12:24:46
I don't know if I'm right on this, but it seems so that there were some
changes in fsck that caused problems for me.

When I installed 1.3b over 1.2.1, I didn't install the etc.tgz contents
because I already edited some files in /etc (who didn't?) and I didn't
want to lose that changes.

When I booted the next time, rc stopped after running fsck -p because
the new version of fsck doesn't seem to support that option.
Nothing worked, neither vi nor my other editors. I was able to fix this
by cpout -ing the file /etc/rc in MacOS, editing the file on my PC
(TeachText wasn't able to open the file) and copying it back.
The line "fsck -p" became "fsck /", since then NetBSD starts correctly.

What is the reason for this change? I think that this problem could be
quite common.=20
Most interesting is that even the new rc contains that (wrong) fsck -p.

Do I have a wrong version of fsck or is this an error in /etc/rc?

Bal=E1zs B=E1r=E1ny    bb@lb-data.co.at    http://www.lb-data.co.at/bb

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice