Subject: old source file request
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/1997 17:05:12
I'm currently trying to work out why my LC475 panics with recent kernels.
By trying the GENERIC kernels on ftp.netbsd.org I've managed to pin down
the date things broke to between the 1st and the 7th of november
(GENERIC-47, which was built on the 1st, works. GENERIC-48, which
was built on the 8th, doesn't).

There looks to have been only one commit of mac68k files between those
two dates - on the 6th. What I need to do now is look at what changed
between those dates and see if I can work out what's going on.

I gather some people out there have their kernal source tree stored under
CVS. Could some nice person please extract the files:

	/sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k/machdep.c
	/sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k/locore.s
	/sys/arch/mac68k/include/intr.h

as they where prior the 7th of november, tar them together, compress and
uuencode the resulting file and mail it to me? It should only be about
40k.

The best way I can think of to get the correct version would be use the
output of 'cvs log <file name>' command to work out the RCS version number
of the file prior to the 7th and then use something like:
    'cvs update -p -r <RCS revision number> <filename> > <temp file>'
to extract it to a temporary file.

    thanks,
	david

--