Subject: Re: old source file request
To: David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/05/1997 22:52:44
David Johnston wrote:

> I'm currently trying to work out why my LC475 panics with recent kernels.
> By trying the GENERIC kernels on ftp.netbsd.org I've managed to pin down
> the date things broke to between the 1st and the 7th of november
> (GENERIC-47, which was built on the 1st, works. GENERIC-48, which
> was built on the 8th, doesn't).
>
> There looks to have been only one commit of mac68k files between those
> two dates - on the 6th. What I need to do now is look at what changed
> between those dates and see if I can work out what's going on.
>
> I gather some people out there have their kernal source tree stored under
> CVS. Could some nice person please extract the files:
>
> 	/sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k/machdep.c
> 	/sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k/locore.s
> 	/sys/arch/mac68k/include/intr.h
>
> as they where prior the 7th of november, tar them together, compress and
> uuencode the resulting file and mail it to me? It should only be about
> 40k.

The above corresponds to the addition of the AV ethernet interrupt code.
The interrupt levels are dynamic now, and this must have broken something
somewhere.  How exactly does your machine panic?

BTW, Allen Briggs made these changes, you might want to ask him about it.

I hope this helps some.

Later.