Subject: Re: NIC memory corrupt!?
To: Harry <Harry.Weppner@gmx.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/05/1997 13:16:29
Harry wrote:

> ae0: length does not match next packet pointer
> ae0: len 0000 nlen ff00 start 0c first 00 curr 10 next 00 stop 40
> ae0: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet length 65280

I think this is in the Error Messages section of the FAQ, btw, but the
above is usually the result of booting after having EtherTalk enabled
under MacOS.  The ethernet card is still handling a packet or something
like that when it's probed during boot, so it emits the above warning.
This is harmless as long as you don't see it continuously while you use
it.

I hope this clears things up.

Later.