Subject: Kernel Owned by ??
To: NetBSD /Mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Austin Brower <browerab@psouth.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/05/1997 16:12:14
Hello Y'all,
     I finally got around to reinstalling NetBSD 1.2.1, and while not
succeeding at making my external HD usr while my internal root I come out
happy-ish. To my dismay everything seems to be slower than my last
installation. I telnet in and wait and wait and wait for the login:
prompt to appear.
    But, I digress, here is my greatest question.  I recently ls -l'ed
the root and found that the kernel, netbsd, is owned by user 200 in group
wheel.  I know of no user 200 on this system and feel that something is
wrong here.  Is user 200 the correct owner of the kernel?

Thanks,
   Austin Brower

                                 Austin M. Brower
                                     "bobman"
                 Director of Technical Services i.e. Server Techie
                          for the M.S.A.D.#55 WebTeam

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
regard those who think alike than those who think differently."
             --Nietzche